talk about skepticism.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
have you ever doubted about God?
does he really exist?
does he really care?
or maybe even how he made you?
how he made human beings? how about those dinos?
how about the evolution of apes? that asteroid?
and the list goes on for the blah types of questions. hence, we have skepticism.
Frankly, I did; not just once, not even twice but almost everyday of this cycle, that we prefer to call life.Well you see, I am no religious person -- who opens up doors for beggars, someone who gives a damn to the poor, I don't even pray that much. I sometimes do curse the omnipotent up there, and sinning is pretty much a habit for me. Okay, act as if I didn't say that. :) Bottomline is, I somehow changed. I'm pretty sure the "normal" me (so to speak) will be back in a couple of days, unless... yeah, unless:)I've shared some ideas with friends about what I think, me being a skeptic and all that. Hey, it changed after a day and a half.My pretty cousin, gave me a book "A date with the One" I've been reading it for around an hour last night and another hour this morning. It pretty much moved me... I guess? I learned how to pray the right way (though I think there is no wrong way in praying, as long as you pray). 12.27.07 at around 1pm
my mum and I had a small "career talk", I remember telling them how I really couldnt do it, how I can't imagine myself doing one thing I hated (programming) my entire life. I actually resolved to finish up the course, work for a while and eventually take a second course.
Then she asked me what I really wanted to take, I was never given a chance to answer that question during my senior year. Back then, I never knew what the answer is, and to tell you honestly, a year passed and I still don't know the answer. I was too afraid to tell them how much I really wanted to shift courses, knowing I've wasted money my dad earned by working his heart out. I laid out a number of professions, from a nurse to a chef, a dentist, a pilot, a flight stewardess, so to name a few.
My mum told me to settle for something I really like, I answered her back "bakit papayagan ba ako ni Daddy mag-shift?"... "Gusto na niya" my mum answered, I showed a frantic smile and asked what profession suits me best. Mum told me some reasons why they think I should shift onto something I like (1.) They don't see any interest on what I do, (2.)Shift as early as now, so as not to waste more money, and (3.) They don't see any interest on what I do, at all! (did I mention I never liked what I am doing?)
Well you see, this is one branch in my life I shouldn't miss out every time I pray, I've been stressing my ass out to the maximum level as to please my parents and finally-- they saw what I have been concealing for almost a year. I just can't contain the happiness I have now for giving me a chance to shift courses. :) Though I think I wouldn't be studying in the University my heart fell for, but hey at least I had that taste of life. Cheers for the Big Guy upstairs! :)THAT ^^ blessing is just a part of what I had this year, the blast that mended myself altogether.Why don't you try praying every once in a while, it helps. Bum, bum,bum enough of that. :)Sorry if I sort of caused you goosebumps, mouthing those freaking words. :P--A
PS. Im super lazy to elaborate in this post and to edit the "Sponge Cola" post. Oh, Hi Yael! (haha. OO! asa!)